Camp Edge - Vacation Bible School 2009
Well, our trip to Camp E.D.G.E. is over but hopefully not forgotten! We certainly experienced and discovered God everywhere during our adventurous week.
The Lord is my strength and my might. Psalm 118:14a
Here are just a few of the statistics and highlights from the week:
- 48 registered kids coming from 31 families
- 19 volunteers and 1 fantastic snack maker! (Thank you, Amy Lynn, Beth, Brendan, Christine K., Christine O., Don, Harold, Janet, Janice, Joy, Karen, Keelin, Marion, Murleen, Nancy, Richard, Sarah, Suzanne, Tony, and Tom!)
- Highest attendance day: Thursday (44)
- Lowest attendance day: Friday (36)
- Biggest Class: 4th – 6th graders (19 WOW!)
- Favorite snack: chips, salsa, and guacamole
- Most requested song: Let’s Go!
- Funniest game to watch: Caterpillar race or giant Foosball – both were pretty funny!
- Favorite V.B.S. personality: Sparx (sorry, Blaze - you were completely over shadowed by a puppet!)
So much fun was had in music, crafts, science, Bible story, and games!
For our mission, we collected an offering Tuesday – Friday for the youth programs at the Covenant Church in Elim, Alaska. We hoped to collect $100 and amazingly topped that number by Wednesday! Our total collection by Friday night was $250. On Sunday morning we received a matching donation from a generous church member – so $500 is on its way to Alaska – Praise God!
Finally, we had a great turn out for Friday nights’ Family Campfire – more than 20 kids showed up, plus parents and younger siblings. What could have been a disaster with fire, long sticks and chocolate was instead absolute fantastic fun!
If you weren’t able to join us this summer, we hope you will consider it for next summer!
To see what you missed or to relive the memories: scroll down the page to view the photo slide show.
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation.” Mark 16:15
Thank you parents! We had a wonderful week at Camp E.D.G.E. with your children.
Our week at this extreme adventure camp taught us how to Experience and Discover God Everywhere!
CAMP E.D.G.E. was an action-packed, adrenaline-filled expedition that teaches kids their strength and might come from God. Through rockin' contemporary music, larger-than-life recreation games, mind-boggling science activities, extreme sports videos, and cool, challenging crafts, we were able to show your kids how to live on the E.D.G.E. in their faith.
We ended the week with "Family Night", with an update from Sparks and Blaze. Then the children led us in singing all of the songs they had learned during the week. We then headed outdoors for a campfire, roasting marshmellows, and eating somores.
CAMP E.D.G.E. VBS 2009 Daily E.D.G.E. Pledges:
- God is with me. I will stay close to God.
- God guides me. I will follow.
- God teaches me. I will learn.
- God loves me. I will love God and others.
- God sends me. I will go.
Camp EDGE Slide Show
There are 165 photos in this slide show. The first time that you view them, the page may open slowly. Please be patient.